19th March 2020:
The time has come to make some very difficult decisions.
Although our holidays are fairly low risk, we do not want to be contributing to any unnecessary risk in any way.
With this in mind, we have decided to cancel/postpone all our holidays booked throughout May and will assess the situation as we near the month of June.
However, we are very happy to accept provisional bookings from the beginning of July onwards with no payment required until we know if your holiday can go ahead.
So, if you would like to have a holiday to look forward to after the Coronavirus situation is over, the do get in touch and we’ll provisionally book you in!
In the meantime, we wish you all continued safety and health and very much look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful Norfolk Coast very soon!
16th March 2020:
As the Coronavirus situation escalates, adapting to these worrying times are a concern to us all, especially the more vulnerable.
We feel that our holidays probably have minimal risk due to being so rural. Below are a few key points as to why we feel our holidays are at such minimal risk:
- You will come into little contact with other people apart from on the campsites where you will be able to keep a distance from other campers and look after your own hygiene
- Your tent is your’s throughout your holiday and if you choose a walking holiday, the same tent is moved each day with all the same contents (bedding, towels etc)
- We already supply hand sanitiser but will also be providing hand wash and medical gloves for guests use if/where needed
- Our tents have small equipped kitchens so you can self cater. On our Walking Holidays, a breakfast hamper is provided
- Nature therapy! You can’t beat time out in the big outdoors with mother nature and fresh air
We have decided to make a few changes to our present booking procedures:
- We usually ask for the balance of each holiday to paid 8 weeks prior to the holiday start date. Due to the current situation we will be changing this to 2 weeks prior to the start date
- If 2 weeks prior to the holiday start date guests have Covid-19 symptoms or are living with someone with symptoms, we will give guests the option to postpone their holiday to another date during this season if available (2020) or our 2021 season at the same price
- We do ask that all our guests have adequate travel insurance (Please note: The deposit of £75 to confirm a holiday is non-refundable)
We will be monitoring the situation and amending/making updates as we see necessary.
We will be following Government guidelines and will put safety of our guests first at all times.
Look after yourselves and others around you and if you’d like to ask anything about our holidays please don’t hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07787 534809