29th June 2020:
Following the Government announcement that campsites can re-open from the 4th July Deepdale Backpackers and Camping have made the decision not to open their toilet and shower facilities (see statement here). So, we are not taking any further bookings until we know if any of our holidays will be able to go ahead there this year.
However, we do have some very positive news!! We are setting up an exclusive pop-up glamping site on a stunning piece of land that overlooks the breathtaking saltmarshes from Wells-next-the-Sea to Blakeney on the North Norfolk Coast from August 1st. Click HERE to find out more and to book.
24th June 2020:
It's great news that from the 4th July tourism can start to reopen.
We continue to take provisional bookings for our fully equipped Glamping tent at the fabulous Deepdale Camping and have limited availability (click here to find out more).
Also, we will hopefully have some very exciting news very soon for some exclusive Glamping located in an absolutely stunning location on the North Norfolk Coast during August.....so watch this space for the announcement!
Unfortunately, our decision to not continue with our Walking Holidays this year still stands. Many campsites have decided to not open their toilet and shower facilities due to the strict cleaning protocols needed and not having the staffing capacity to manage it.
I'm afraid that due to our business totally relying on availability on multiple campsites we will not be able to offer a choice of campsites this year for our Glamping Holidays. Some campsites are still deciding on whether they will accept tents this year and as stated above some have already made the decision not to open their facilities.
We are working on our updating our Covid-19 Safety Measures as the official guidelines have now been released and working on our Risk Assessment which will be on our website as soon as possible.
We wish you continued safety and health and a summer of social distancing fun and adventures.
Gin, Mark, Miss Brylie and Little Elfie x
5th June 2020:
Unfortunately, there is still no official update but we have decided to prepare as much as we can on a potential opening from July 6th.
We are taking provisional bookings for our fully equipped tent located at the fabulous Deepdale Backpackers and Camping on the beautiful North Norfolk Coast.
Please go to our Glamping at Deepdale page for more information, availability and how to book.
We are also thinking very seriously about what safety measures to put in place to ensure our guests and us, are at the least risk as possible. Read more on our blog
Keeping our fingers firmly crossed that we are able to welcome you the beautiful North Norfolk Coast this year.
Stay safe everyone
Gin, Mark, Miss Brylie and Little Elfie xx
13th May 2020:
Following the recent announcement of The Governments Recovery Plan and the 'Road Map' we have had to make the difficult decision to NOT take any bookings this season for our Walking Holidays. We would not be able to guarantee availability on all of the campsites at such short notice plus the health and safety is our absolute priority.
We are hoping that some of our Glamping Holidays will still be able to go ahead throughout August and September.
If you would like to make a provisional booking please get in touch and we'll put the dates on hold for you if available. No payment will be asked for until we know if your holiday can go ahead.
Stay safe and alert everyone
Gin, Mark, Miss Brylie and Little Elfie xx
19th April 2020:
I'm afraid we still have no idea when we will be allowed to go ahead with our holidays again.
We have decided to only take provisional bookings from August 1st. If you would like to make a booking we will put your dates on hold for you but will not take any payment until we know if your holiday can go ahead or not.
We wish you safety and health during this crisis and beyond.
Gin and Mark x
AKA: The Norfolk Tent Elves
19th March 2020:
The time has come to make some very difficult decisions.
Although our holidays are fairly low risk, we do not want to be contributing to any unnecessary risk in any way.
With this in mind, we have decided to cancel/postpone all our holidays booked throughout May and will assess the situation as we near the month of June.
However, we are very happy to accept provisional bookings from the beginning of July onwards with no payment required until we know if your holiday can go ahead.
So, if you would like to have a holiday to look forward to after the Coronavirus situation is over, the do get in touch and we'll provisionally book you in!
In the meantime, we wish you all continued safety and health and very much look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful Norfolk Coast very soon!
16th March 2020:
As the Coronavirus situation escalates, adapting to these worrying times are a concern to us all, especially the more vulnerable.
We feel that our holidays probably have minimal risk due to being so rural. Below are a few key points as to why we feel our holidays are at such minimal risk:
- You will come into little contact with other people apart from on the campsites where you will be able to keep a distance from other campers and look after your own hygiene
- Your tent is your's throughout your holiday and if you choose a walking holiday, the same tent is moved each day with all the same contents (bedding, towels etc)
- We already supply hand sanitiser but will also be providing hand wash and medical gloves for guests use if/where needed
- Our tents have small equipped kitchens so you can self cater. On our Walking Holidays, a breakfast hamper is provided
- Nature therapy! You can't beat time out in the big outdoors with mother nature and fresh air
We have decided to make a few changes to our present booking procedures:
- We usually ask for the balance of each holiday to paid 8 weeks prior to the holiday start date. Due to the current situation we will be changing this to 2 weeks prior to the start date
- If 2 weeks prior to the holiday start date guests have Covid-19 symptoms or are living with someone with symptoms, we will give guests the option to postpone their holiday to another date during this season if available (2020) or our 2021 season at the same price
- We do ask that all our guests have adequate travel insurance (Please note: The deposit of £75 to confirm a holiday is non-refundable)
We will be monitoring the situation and amending/making updates as we see necessary.
We will be following Government guidelines and will put safety of our guests first at all times.
Look after yourselves and others around you and if you'd like to ask anything about our holidays please don't hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07787 534809