The Norfolk Coast Path National Trail is one of the gentler National Trails and classified as ‘moderate’ by many walkers. The terrain is varied but is generally flat or with only gentle gradients. However, we would recommend that you allow a little extra time to walk the shingle bank from Cley to Weybourne.
The route is particularly suitable for anyone new to long-distance walking.
All of the campsites we use on our walking holidays are located right by the Norfolk Coast Path or close by
Yes, we are very dog friendly. We can accommodate up to 2 dogs and even supply everything they will need to make their holiday as PAW-some as yours. Check out our Dog Friendly Holidays page for more information.
All we ask is your dog(s) does not get on the beds or chairs. We know how muddy our pooches can get having great fun playing in the marshes!
We must also stress that the walks are between 9 and 15 miles a day, so please make sure your dog(s) are up to the challenge……
There is a good bus service that runs from Hunstanton to Mundesley along the North Norfolk Coast which is dog friendly, so if your pooch (and/or you!) are starting to find the walking hard going, there is always the option to catch the bus to the campsite
Please get in touch if you'd like us to tailor a holiday to suit you and your pooch
We have chosen to use the sturdy Oztent for your glamping accommodation. They are fairly quick to set up and withstand strong winds and storms on the coast!
There is a separate sleeping compartment with 2 Oztent padded camp-beds and cosy duvets plus a living area with a small equipped cooking area and comfy chairs.
We can also add another sleeping compartment to our tents to provide accommodation for up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 young children (up to 10yrs).
Find out more on our Accommodation Page
Our Walking Holidays are self-guided, so you can walk at your own pace and in your own group (or on your own).
The only time you will meet your neighbours is at your campsite each morning and evening (unless you meet up or pass each other on your days walk….or in the pub!)
Yes, we will transfer one piece of luggage per person of up to 15kg. We will give you the locations of luggage drop off and collection points in your detailed ‘Information Pack’ prior to your holiday.
All you need for each day is a rucksack for your lunch, waterproofs, camera and anything else you chose to have with you.
If you have chosen to stay in accommodation the night before your walking holiday, please let us know as we're happy to collect your luggage from there and drop it back there if you're leaving your car there. Please see our accommodation and travel question below for more information
You have a variety of options. The Norfolk Coast caters for all culinary tastes. You will be spoilt for choice each day on places to eat along the way.
Each campsite is within a short walk of great pubs and places to eat plus you will be walking through Norfolk villages and seaside towns each day with multiple choices of eating options.
Or you have the option to self-cater as your accommodation has a small kitchen area with enough utensils to cook yourself a simple meal of produce you’ve purchased along the way.
Or, why not treat yourself to one of our Evening Platters of Norfolk Produce? This will be waiting for you in your tent when you arrive after a long day of walking. All you need to do is relax and enjoy a long leisurely meal whilst watching the sun go down....with a glass of wine or 2!
We recommend you try to travel to the start of your chosen Walking Holiday by public transport so you don’t have to find somewhere to leave your car or travel back to the start point at the end of you walk.
Hunstanton, Wells-next-the-Sea and Cromer are the starting points (depending on your chosen holiday) and are relatively easy to get to by public transport.
Hunstanton has a regular bus service with the nearest train station in Kings Lynn (30 minute journey)
Wells-next-the-Sea has a regular bus service with nearest train station in Sheringham
Cromer has a regular bus service and a train station.
If you have chosen, the Avocet or Lapwing Package you will finish in Hopton-on-Sea which has a regular bus service and the nearest train stations are Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth.
Visit traveline.info to help you start planning your journey.
If you decide to travel by car there are a few options for you to choose from:
- Hunstanton: purchase a Rover Ticket from the Tourist Information Centre so you can park your car for up to 1 week on any of the car parks in the town (Cost: £20.40) or there are off street parking options if you want to take the chance (we will help you with this)
- Wells-next-the-Sea and Cromer: Purchase a ticket from North Norfolk District Council for parking up to 1 week on council run car parks in both towns (Cost: £28.00) or there are off street parking options if you wan to take the chance (we will help you with this)
- Why not treat yourself to a night in a hotel or B&B the night before (and/or after) your Walking Holiday? We work with a few really lovely accommodation providers who will very kindly let you leave your car at their establishment for the duration of your MarGins holiday. For more information click on the FAQ on Accommodation Providers below
We provide more information in your Welcome Pack you will receive once you've booked your chosen Walking Holiday but if you have any problems, we will help you to arrange your travel and accommodation
We're delighted to have formed some great partnerships with accommodation providers close to the start and end of our Walking Holidays.
Our recommendations for accommodation with car parking for the duration of your holiday:
- The beautiful Bed and Breakfast Jonas Farm B&B is located just on the outskirts of Cromer, an ideal location to start any of our holiday packages. The breakfast is all local and homemade produce (just like ours) plus, the bus stops just outside so you can get to your holiday start point easily
- The Grove Hotel in Cromer is located close to the town and Norfolk Coast Path but also a great starting point (or end) for all of our walking holidays with a train and bus service on the doorstep. This hotel also has a swimming pool, award winning restaurant, The Massage Hut and delicious Afternoon Tea's. Click here to find out more
- The Manor Hotel in Mundesley is where you will end The Sandmartin Walking Holiday plus it's also dog friendly with a good bus service close by
- Book an extra night with us at the Beeston Regis Holiday Park and you can leave your car there for the duration of your holiday
- The Briarfields Hotel at Titchwell and The Lodge Hotel in Old Hunstanton both offer an exclusive 10% discount to MarGins guests on a B&B basis AND they are dog friendly! They are both beautiful hotels with highly recommended restaurants and bars. Please note - You can leave your car at The Briarfields Hotel but not at The Lodge
- Caley Hall Hotel in lovely Old Hunstanton is dog friendly
- or you can book an extra night with us at the start of your holiday or book a room in the hostel at the very popular Deepdale Backpackers and Hostel campsite (this is your first nights location on the Avocet and Curlew Walking Holidays) and you can leave your car for the duration of your holiday (cost: £3 per day you leave your car)
We have a good partnership with all of the above accommodation providers. Please mention you are guests of MarGins when making a booking or talk to us first.
Hopton-on-Sea is more limited but there are accommodation options in nearby Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Corton and Lowestoft.
Do get in touch if you would like to discuss any of the above options further: email@example.com / 07787 534809
- Once your dates have been confirmed for your chosen holiday you will receive a booking form for your completion
- A deposit of £75 per person is then required to confirm your holiday (an invoice will be sent to you)
- You will then receive a Welcome Pack with an overview of your chosen holiday plus suggestions of planning your walking holiday
- The balance of your holiday is due 8 weeks prior to your holiday start date. We will send you an invoice the final balance
- Your Information Pack will then be sent by post with your full holiday itinerary (luggage drop off/collection points, campsite information, detailed route information, places to eat and drink and so much more) plus luggage labels and a map of the Norfolk Coast Path
- We will be in touch 1 week prior to your holiday to check you have all the information for your holiday
- Then it's over to you to make magical memories on the Norfolk Coast
- Once availability on dates and your chosen campsite have been confirmed by email you will recieve a booking form for completion
- A deposit of £75 per tent is required to confirm your holiday
- The final balance is due 8 weeks prior to your holiday start date (we will send you an invoice)
- You will then receive an Information Booklet with details of your chosen campsite and your MarGins Holiday
- You will be met by one of the tent elves when you arrive at your chosen campsite to show you around your tent. Then it's over to you to enjoy a hassle free luxury camping holiday!
Yes, we are very happy to tailor a holiday just for you as long as we have availability.
If there is a specific section of the Norfolk Coast Path you would like to explore, let us know and we'll do our best to tailor a Walking Holiday just for you.
There are lot's of options we can offer you plus we have extensive knowledge of the area, so can recommend things to do and see ensuring you have the best possible experience whilst visiting the beautiful Norfolk Coast.
If you are looking for accommodation for an event or a specialist residential weekend we may also be able to supply our tents and catering.
Please contact us to discuss further.
As we supply everything you'll need for a hassle free luxury camping holiday, there really isn't much you need to bring along except your luggage and what you'll need on a day to day basis.
Walking Holidays essential items:
- Comfortable walking boots that you have worn in before your holiday!
- Hiking socks
- Waterproof jacket
- Comfortable trousers/shorts (lightweight and quick drying)
- Water bottle and a flask for that all-important coffee stop!
- Rucksack (we recommend a 15-20 litre should be enough for your daily needs)
- First aid kit
- Sunscreen, sun glasses and a hat
- Cash (some shops and cafes do not accept credit cards....this is rural Norfolk!)
- Camera to capture those stunning views and memorable moments…….
We have 4 tents in total:
3 x tents can be set up to accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 young children (up to 10yrs)
1 tent can be set up to accommodate 2 adults
Click here to find out more about our group bookings or get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org