The Norfolk Coast Path National Trail is one of the gentler National Trails and classified as ‘moderate’ by many walkers. The terrain is varied but is generally flat or with only gentle gradients. However, we would recommend that you allow a little extra time to walk the shingle bank from Cley to Weybourne.
The route is particularly suitable for anyone new to long-distance walking.
All of the glamping locations are situated right by the Norfolk Coast Path so there are no extra miles to walk at the start and the end of your days walking.
Yes, we are very dog friendly. We can accommodate up to 2 dogs and even supply everything they will need to make their MarGins Walking and Glamping Holiday as (P)awesome as yours. Check out our ‘Walk the coast path with your Pooch’ section under Walking Packages.
All we ask is your dog(s) does not get on the beds or chairs. We know how muddy our pooches can get having great fun playing in the marshes!
We must also stress that the walks are around 15 miles a day so please make sure your dog(s) are up to the challenge……
As we will be setting up the tents each day we have chosen the sturdy Oztent for your glamping accommodation. They are fairly quick to set up and will withstand any strong winds on the coast!
There is a separate sleeping compartment with 2 Oztent padded camp-beds and cosy duvets plus a living area with a small equipped cooking area and comfy chairs.
Also included is a scrummy hamper with a selection of Norfolk produce for your breakfast each morning.
All MarGins Walking and Glamping Holidays are self-guided, so you can walk at your own pace and in your own group (or on your own).
The only time you will meet your Glamping neighbours is at your Glamping locations each morning and evening (unless you meet up or pass each other on your days walk….)
Yes, we will transfer one piece of luggage per person of up to 15kg. We will give you the locations of luggage drop off and collection points in your detailed ‘Information Pack’ prior to your holiday.
All you need for each day is a rucksack for your lunch, waterproofs, camera and anything else you chose to have with you.
You have a variety of options. The Norfolk Coast caters for all culinary tastes. You will be spoilt for choice each day on places to eat along the way.
Each Glamping location is within a short walk of great pubs and places to eat plus you will be walking through Norfolk villages and seaside towns each day with multiple choices of eating options.
Or you have the option to self-cater as your glamping accommodation has a small kitchen area with enough utensils to cook yourself a simple meal of produce you’ve purchased along the way.
We recommend you try to travel to the start of your chosen Holiday Package by public transport so you don’t have to find somewhere to leave your car or travel back to the start point at the end of you walk.
Hunstanton and Cromer are the starting points (depending on your chosen package) and both are relatively easy to get to by public transport.
Hunstanton has a regular bus service with the nearest train station in Kings Lynn (30 minute journey)
Cromer has a regular bus service and a train station.
If you have chosen, the Avocet or Lapwing Package you will finish in Hopton-on-Sea which has a regular bus service and the nearest train stations are Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth.
Visit traveline.info to help you start planning your journey.
If you decide to travel by car we will discuss options with you on best place to leave your vehicle.
Check out the 'accommodation' question below as we have some fantastic options to offer you with local accommodation providers, some were you can leave your car for the duration of your holiday.
If you have any problems, we will help you to arrange your travel and accommodation
Hunstanton and Cromer have an array of accommodation to suit all budgets.
Hopton-on-Sea is more limited but there are great accommodation options in nearby Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Corton and Lowestoft.
Following confirmation of your booking, we will send you a Welcome Pack with information on how to find accommodation, we are also happy to assist with this if needed.
Suggested accommodation with car parking for the duration of your holiday:
- Extend your holiday and treat yourself to a night in a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. Jonas Farm B&B is located just on the outskirts of Cromer, an ideal location to start any of our holiday packages. The breakfast is all local and homemade produce (just like ours) and they will allow you to leave your car there for the duration of your holiday. Plus, the bus stops just outside so you can get to your holiday start point easily. This is a great option for all 3 Walking Holidays due to the location and access to public transport
- Book an extra night at the start of your holiday at the very popular Deepdale Backpackers and Hostel campsite (this is your first nights location on the Avocet and Curlew Walking Holidays) and you can leave your car for the duration of your holiday. You can then catch the Coasthopper bus back from Cromer on the Curlew Holiday or the train and Coasthopper bus on the Avocet Holiday
- Book an extra night at the Beeston Regis Holiday Park and you can leave your car for the duration of your Holiday. This is a great option for all 3 walking holidays due to the great public transport links
- Briarfields Hotel at Titchwell will also let you leave your car at their hotel if you book a minimum of 2 nights with them. Another option for our Avocet and Curlew Walking Holidays
Recommended accommodation providers:
- We recommend Jennis Lodge B&B in Gorleston as an option for an extra night at the end of your holiday on either the Avocet or Lapwing Package
- The Red Lion Hotel in Cromer offer a very good discount to MarGins guests. Please get in touch with us to find out how you can access this
- The Lodge in beautiful Old Hunstanton offers a discount to MarGins guests on when booking a night with Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. A lovely option for an extra night at the start of an Avocet or Curlew Walking Holiday
We have a good partnership with all of the above accommodation providers. Please mention you are guests of MarGins when making a booking or talk to us first.
Do get in touch if you would like to discuss any of the above options further: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07787 534809
Once you have had the dates of your chosen Holiday Package confirmed you will pay a deposit of £75 per person. When payment is received, we will send you by post, a MarGins ‘Welcome Pack’ with information on preparing for your MarGins Holiday. This includes an overview of your Holiday Package, transport and accommodation options, preparing for your holiday with suggestions on what to bring, The Country Code and our Terms and Conditions.
8 weeks prior to your Holiday start date and when your balance has been paid you will receive a detailed ‘Information Pack’ by post, which includes the Norfolk Coast Path route and useful information, your Glamping Sites details, luggage leaving points and much more to make your MarGins Walking and Glamping Holiday as hassle free as possible.
Yes, as long as we have either, enough notice or we have tents available that haven’t already been booked for our set packages.
If you are looking for glamping accommodation for an event or a specialist residential weekend we may also be able to supply our tents and catering.
Please contact us to discuss further.
As we supply everything for your Glamping Accommodation all you need to bring is your essential walking clothes and any equipment.
You will receive detailed information in your ‘Welcome Pack’ on what you will need with some added optional suggestions.
Below is a list of essential items:
- Comfortable walking boots that you have worn in before your holiday!
- Hiking socks
- Waterproof jacket
- Comfortable trousers/shorts (lightweight and quick drying)
- Water bottle and a flask for that all-important coffee stop!
- Rucksack (we recommend a 15-20 litre should be enough for your daily needs)
- First aid kit
- Camera to capture those stunning views and memorable moments…….