The Grove Hotel is set in a perfect location to commence and/or finish any of our Walking Holidays with excellent public transport links (well, excellent for Norfolk with a train station and bus service!) or they will let you leave your car at the hotel for the duration of you holiday.
Set in a beautiful location close to the Norfolk Coast Path and the traditional seaside town of Cromer, this country hotel has a choice of staying in their beautiful rooms in the hotel or exclusive yurts in the lovely grounds.
We are delighted to have teamed up with The Grove, to offer you a wonderful extension to our unique and exclusive holidays.
Make the most of the onsite swimming pool, book in for a pre holiday massage at The Massage Hut or treat those tired legs and feet to a massage after you holiday, enjoy a delicious afternoon tea or treat yourself to a 3 course meal in their award winning 2AA Rosette restaurant.
Please enquire about your MarGins Walking Holiday choice first by completing our Enquiry Form
Please note – their yurt holidays are usually a 2 night minimum booking but they may be able to offer you a one night option. Please contact The Grove to find out more
The Grove have some excellent Special Offers. Their Sunday Night offer is perfect for starting our Curlew or Avocet Walking Holidays or you could finish our Sandmartin or Lapwing holidays on a Sunday.
The Grove Sunday Night Offer: £150pn
- A night in one of their superior rooms, a bottle of Prosecco on arrival, three course dinner, a newspaper of choice in the morning, late check out, and the option of breakfast in bed, just ask. Available Sunday nights only, excludes school summer holidays
Recent guest feedback: "A perfect country house hotel experience with great amenities, including a swimming pool and extensive gardens. A beautiful building with great facilities and incredibly friendly, helpful staff. The house is in a tranquil setting with easy access to Cromer by road and a lovely walk through the woods to the cliff path which takes you straight down to the beach or into town. Cromer itself is a lovely seaside town and gives great access to lots of points of interest both on the north Norfolk coast and further inland. The restaurant provided some exceptional meals which were good value and the breakfasts were excellent, both using the best of local ingredients. The room we had in the main house was really clean, quiet, comfortable and elegant. Will definitely come again"
The Grove and The Sandmartin – a 3 or 4 night walking adventure from Wells-next-the-Sea to Cromer
Day 1: Option to stay at The Grove on a Wednesday or Thursday and enjoy a relaxing evening before starting your walking adventure
Day 2: Enjoy a delicious breakfast at The Grove before you start your day of walking. Leave your luggage at The Grove and MarGins will collect it to take to your first nights luxury camping location. Take the Coasthopper bus from Cromer to Wells-next-the-Sea to commence your day of walking the beautiful North Norfolk Coast Path to Blakeney, a beautiful flint village and harbour, where you will find your safari tent set up ready to welcome you along with your luggage on a small campsite with far reaching views over the saltmarshes (approx. 9 miles)
Day 3: start the day with a hearty breakfast of delicious Norfolk produce before heading off along the coast path again meandering through small villages, nature reserves and clifftops to the traditional seaside town of Sheringham. Your tent will be set up on the cliff tops overlooking the fascinating chalk reef at West Runton (approx. 12 miles)
Day 4: after another delicious breakfast walk the last 4 miles of the coast path back to The Grove where you can treat yourself to a well-deserved massage in the Massage Hut, a delicious afternoon tea or maybe another night and 3 course meal in this beautiful hotel
- Sandmartin Walking Holiday: From £180 per person
- The Grove:
- Hotel rooms: From £90 for a double room or £45 for a single
- Glamping: From £200 for 2 nights
Each MarGins Walking Package Includes:
- Your glamping accommodation set up along the way
- Breakfast hamper full of local produce each day
- Bag transfer each day from the start to the finish of your chosen itinerary
- Detailed information pack written by us providing you with maps, route information, places of interest, places to eat, things to do and much more
- Our contact details so we are on hand to offer support throughout your whole holiday duration
- A welcome and introduction from us personally at your first days glamping location
What’s not included:
- Lunches, evening meal, snacks, drinks
- Travel insurance
- Transport to/from your holiday location (or during if using public transport) or car parking costs. We will provide you with public transport and car parking options depending on which holiday package you choose.
- Accommodation before your first day or after your last day of walking...we recommend The Grove!