Walk the full 84 miles of the Norfolk Coast Path National Trail.
Take advantage of experiencing one of the UK's most spectacular coastlines and immerse yourself in the sheer beauty of the Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Start your walk on a Sunday or Monday from the Victorian seaside resort of Hunstanton on the North Norfolk coast and then you will gradually make your way through miles of sand dunes, Nature Reserves, salt marshes, cliff tops, pretty flint villages and seaside towns before ending your walk on the expansive sandy beaches of Hopton-on-sea on the Suffolk border on the Saturday.
This is a 6-day walk with 5 nights glamping accommodation.
You will be walking between 13 and 16 miles per day
Our Walking Holidays are based on 2 tents per week due to the amount of time needed to take down and set up your accommodation each day. We can accommodate up to 4 people each week based on 2 people sharing a tent or 3 people sharing one tent (see bespoke options below if you have a larger group).
2020 Season - 1st May to 13th September
We recommend the months of May, June, early July and early September to book a walking holiday as campsites will be busy during peak season
Cost: £425.00 per person
- Single occupancy 20% extra over Bank Holidays, May Spring Bank Holiday week and throughout July and August
- Why not include a rest day (or 2) into your holiday? Just add £75 per night
We are happy to tailor a package for you:
- We may be able to be more flexible on start days during the quieter months of May, June and September. Please get in touch to discuss
- Or how about running the coast path?
- If you would like to cycle the coast we are happy to tailor a package for you but please note - you are not allowed to cycle on the actual coast path but there is a recommended cycle route along the Norfolk Coast
- If you would like to walk a specific section, we can arrange a bespoke holiday around your requirements
- For groups of up to 10 people, we are able to offer, up to 4 tents in one location for a minimum of 2 nights. Click on the Groups page for more information or contact us to discuss further
Walking for Charity?
Are you walking the full 84 miles of the National Trail to raise funds for a charity? If so, we will donate 5% of the cost of your Avocet Walking Holiday to your chosen charity.
*We just need proof of your charity fundraising challenge plus your fundraising page details. Please mention this when you complete your enquiry form.
This can not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
Need more information?
- Go to our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Want to bring your car? We have suggestions and options on our Frequently Asked Questions page under 'travel' and 'accommodation'
- Contact us, we'd love to hear from you
2020 season commences 1st May to 13th September
A wonderful, unforgettable experience! We had never been on a walking holiday before so attempting the full Avocet package was a real challenge. From the bespoke booklet packed full of information and helpful tips to all the thought and care that went into the positioning and set up of the tent every day, MarGins made this challenge enjoyable and special. Gin and Mark’s warm and practical approach mean that you feel in safe hands from the moment you drop your bags off. They have forged strong relationships with all the campsite owners along the route which means the MarGins tent gets prime position and you get a mates’ welcome when you arrive exhausted after a day's walking!
The tent is so well stocked with delicious local produce that we managed dinner from it on a couple of nights. A delicious fry up with breathtaking cliff top views as the sun sets - bliss! We ordered their platter one night which was a highlight of the holiday. Fabulous food, beautifully presented. We can't recommend MarGins highly enough and hope to be back soon!
Each Walking Package Includes:
- Your fully equipped safari tent set up each day of your walking holiday
- Breakfast hamper full of local produce
- Bag transfer each day from the start to the finish of your chosen package
- Detailed information pack written by us providing you with maps, route information, places of interest, places to eat, things to do and much more
- Our contact details so we are on hand to offer support throughout your whole holiday duration
- A welcome and introduction from us personally at your first days campsite location
What’s not included:
- Lunches, evening meal, snacks, drinks
- Travel insurance
- Transport to/from your holiday location (or during if using public transport) or car parking costs. We will provide you with public transport and car parking options depending on which holiday package you choose.
- Accommodation before your first day or after your last day of walking. This is an optional extra which we can help you with if this is required.