The Sandmartin - New for 2019!
We're delighted with our new walking holiday as it will give you a fantastic flavour of our Norfolk Coastline. Plus, you will only be walking between 9 and 12 miles per day giving you plenty of time for long lunches, wildlife watching or perhaps a seal trip?
Walk 32 miles of a stunning section of the Norfolk Coast Path commencing in the busy harbour town of Wells-next-the-Sea on either a Thursday or Friday and finishing in the traditional seaside resort of Mundesley on the Saturday or Sunday.
Experience the vast expanse of saltmarshes rich in wildlife, flora and fauna, the vast sandy beaches plus the fascinating Deep History Coast from Weybourne through to Mundesley. It was at West Runton beach where a full mammoth’s skeleton was found!
Not to mention the pretty Norfolk flint villages and seaside towns full of wonderful places to eat, drink and explore.
The Sandmartin is perfect for a weekend walking adventure, with good public transport links. There is a train station at Cromer and then a good bus service to the start at Wells-next-the-Sea and back to Cromer from Mundesley.
Or, why not add a night on to your holiday and stay at the lovely Jonas Farmhouse B&B the night before your walking holiday as you can leave your car there for the duration of your holiday. The bus stops right outside the B&B, to take you to Wells-next-the-Sea to start your walk.
You will be walking between 9 and 12 miles per day
Our Walking Holidays are based on 2 tents per week due to the amount of time needed to take down and set up your accommodation each day. We can accommodate up to 4 people each week based on 2 people sharing a tent (see bespoke options below if you have a larger group).
*Please note - unfortunately we are unable to accept dogs on the Sandmartin
2019 Season - 29th April to 15th September
We recommend the months of May, June, early July and early September to book a walking holiday as campsites will be busy during peak season
Cost: £180 per person based on 2 people sharing a tent
- Single occupancy 30% extra
- Why not include a rest day (or 2) into your holiday? Just add £45 per person per night (30% extra for single occupancy)
We are happy to tailor a package for you:
- We may be able to be more flexible on start days during the quieter months of May, June and September. Please get in touch to discuss
- How about cycling or running the Norfolk Coast Path?
- If you would like to walk a specific section, we can arrange a bespoke holiday around your requirements
- For groups of up to 10 people, we are able to offer, up to 4 tents in one location for a minimum of 2 nights. A 10% supplement will be added for more than 2 tents. Click on the Groups page for more information or contact us to discuss further
Need more information?
- Go to our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Want to bring your car? We have suggestions and options on our Frequently Asked Questions page under 'travel' and 'accommodation'
- Contact us, we'd love to hear from you
Each Walking Package Includes:
- Your glamping accommodation set up along the way
- Continental breakfast full of local produce
- Bag transfer each day from the start to the finish of your chosen package
- Detailed information pack written by us providing you with maps, route information, places of interest, places to eat, things to do and much more
- Our contact details so we are on hand to offer support throughout your whole holiday duration
- A welcome and introduction from us personally at your first days glamping location
What’s not included:
- Lunches, evening meal, snacks, drinks
- Travel insurance
- Transport to/from your holiday location (or during if using public transport) or car parking costs. We will provide you with public transport and car parking options depending on which holiday package you choose.
- Accommodation before your first day or after your last day of walking. This is an optional extra which we can help you with if this is required.