We're delighted with our newest addition to our walking holidays, as it will give you a fantastic flavour of our Norfolk Coastline. Plus, you will only be walking between 9 and 12.5 miles (14 - 19 km) per day giving you plenty of time for long lunches and wildlife watching.
Walk 32 miles (51 km) of a stunning section of the Norfolk Coast Path commencing in the busy harbour town of Wells-next-the-Sea on either a Thursday or Friday and finishing in the traditional seaside resort of Mundesley**.
Experience the vast expanse of saltmarshes rich in wildlife, flora and fauna, the vast sandy beaches plus the fascinating Deep History Coast from Weybourne through to Mundesley. It was at West Runton beach where a full mammoth’s skeleton was found! Spend time in the pretty flint villages and seaside towns full of wonderful places to eat, drink and explore.
A perfect weekend adventure, with good public transport links.
3 days walking and 2 nights glamping, 9 - 12.5 miles (14 - 19 km) per day
Cost: £180 per person
20% Single Supplement
- Add a rest day (or 2) for just an extra £75 (not per person)
Unfortunately we can not accept dogs on The Sandmartin Holiday
Day 1: Wells-next-the-Sea to Blakeney - approx 9 miles (14 km)
Day 2: Blakeney to Beeston Regis - approx 12 miles (19 km)
Day 3: Beeston Regis to Mundesley - approx 10 miles (16 km)
**You do have the option to end in Cromer which is only 4 miles (6 km) and close to the train station
Each Walking Package Includes:
- Your fully equipped safari tent moved and set up each day of your holiday (yes, we really do take your tent down and set it back up again each day!)
- Breakfast hamper full of local produce (we cater for all dietary requirements)
- Bag transfer each day from the start to the end of your holiday
- Detailed information pack written by us providing you with maps, route information, places of interest, places to eat, things to do and much more
- We will be on the end of the phone and ready to offer our support (if needed) throughout the duration of your holiday
- We will meet and greet you at your first days campsite location
What’s not included:
- Lunches, evening meal, snacks, drinks
- Travel insurance
- Transport to/from your holiday location (or during if using public transport) or car parking costs. We will provide you with public transport and car parking options depending on which holiday package you choose.
- Accommodation before your first day or after your last day of walking. This is an optional extra which we can help you with if this is required.
We are happy to tailor a package for you:
- We may be able to be more flexible on start days during the quieter months of May, June and September. Please get in touch to discuss
- If you would like to cycle the coast we are happy to tailor a package for you but please note - you are not allowed to cycle on the actual coast path but there is a recommended cycle route along the Norfolk Coast
- If you would like to walk or run a specific section, we can arrange a bespoke holiday around your requirements
- For groups of up to 10 people, we are able to offer, up to 4 tents in one location for a minimum of 2 nights. Click on the Groups page for more information or contact us to discuss further
Need more information?
- Go to our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Want to bring your car? We have suggestions and options on our Frequently Asked Questions page under 'travel' and 'accommodation'
- Contact us, if you would like more information. We love to hear from you
Our aim is to make your walking holiday as hassle free and enjoyable as possible
What a magical experience!
A weekend of 'firsts' for me. First Glamping trip, first walking holiday and first time solo! and I loved it all xx
The blue skies have gone on forever, the walking long deserted stretches, the wildlife and flowers and picturesque villages have been perfect and exactly what I needed. Thanks so much for the great 'Sandmartin' itinerary.
Most of all I must mention 'the tent' and all that came with it! I loved being cocooned beneath the bunting and fairy lights, so comfortable and cosy. So well catered for with all the tasty Norfolk produce - and 'Mums' cake should carry a health warning - so addictive! My compliments too to the hens for their tasty eggs 🙂
I watched both the sunset and the sunrise - me and the wildlife!
I smiled all weekend and plan to return to do the rest of the coastline.
Thanks so much Gin and Mark x
We booked this holiday as a 40th Birthday treat for friends who never get time to walk and talk these days. And this holiday has been exactly what we hoped it would be!
From the tent (so carefully laid out with thoughtful additions) to the enjoyable scenic walks, to the delicious platter with homemade food to the homemade cake and wine for my birthday.....its all absolutely 'hit the spot'.
MarGins works because it gets it all right - the simplicity whilst attending to the little details, the 'soft touch' customer service without being overly attentive and the motivational texts and gifts.
Thank you for some great memories xxx
We have just finished the Lapwing holiday, walking from Cromer to Hopton-on-Sea with our dog and loved every minute. From the moment I contacted MarGins to the moment we completed the walk the whole experience was brilliant and we felt totally looked after. On the first day, after walking for 12 miles in the rain (love the typical British summer!!) arriving at the first campsite to see our tent all set up and Gin waiting for us was so welcoming. The hamper full of local goodies for us and the dog treats for our pooch such a lovely touch. To be able to have a tasty breakfast then carry on walking while the “tent elves” did their thing made the whole experience hassle free. We cannot recommend MarGins enough. Thank you for such a memorable few days xx
What a wonderful adventure – made so special by your attention to detail Gin. We loved coming back exhausted to our cosy tent at the end of each day. You have made them so beautiful and put so much love and care into every last detail that we couldn’t help but enjoy it despite the slight downturn in weather and England losing the football!! Our Evening Platter tonight was absolutely delicious – thank you.
What an amazing hassle-free way to have the camping experience and Maggie loved her bed and all her treats too.
We are so grateful to you. Many many thanks and love x
Just completed a fantastic week with MarGins Glamping Holidays. I did the 47 mile Curlew package from Huntstanton to Cromer with my dog and I have to say that Gin and Mark looked after us so well, all I needed to do was walk. The support that I was given, the fantastic food, comfortable bed and wonderful Oztent (that was fully tested by the English summer weather by the way!), made our walk such an amazing and memorable experience. I cannot recommend MarGins highly enough...Thanks for such a great and memorable experience guys. Will
“Best holiday for dogs and family walking .....
The Norfolk Coast isn't just dog friendly; it is dog Nirvana. We have completed many walks and trails around the UK and this holiday was one of the easiest and most fun for us and the dogs.
The scenery was spectacular, the pubs welcoming with dog treats seeming on tap and Ginny couldn't have been more helpful with advice on how to get the best from our walk.
If you like to walk and holiday with your dog I cannot recommend MarGins too highly”
Ginny arranged a fantastic coastal walking tour for us from Hunstanton to Cromer. We loved every minute of the walk and I cannot recommend this glorious coastline, which is hauntingly beautiful in all shifting light of the day, too much. One of the best walks I have ever done. Thank you, Ginny,!
Just thought I would drop you a quick note to thank you both so much for our short break walking holiday and our 2 night stay in your beautiful organised tents.
We all thoroughly enjoyed our short break on the Norfolk Coast – it is such a scenic part of the country that we had never visited previously.
Your accommodation is absolutely fantastic and the home-made and local produce provided for breakfast was delicious.
The tent was so well equipped – you have really thought of everything!!!
As mentioned earlier, this was our first visit to Norfolk and the coastline there is such a beautiful part of the country – so I’m sure we will have to return to do a bit more exploring in the not to distant future!!!!
Many thanks and best wishes to you both x