The Sandmartin - New for 2019!
We're delighted with our new walking holiday as it will give you a fantastic flavour of our Norfolk Coastline. Plus, you will only be walking between 9 and 12.5 miles per day giving you plenty of time for long lunches and wildlife watching.
Walk 32 miles of a stunning section of the Norfolk Coast Path commencing in the busy harbour town of Wells-next-the-Sea on either a Thursday or Friday and finishing in the traditional seaside resort of Mundesley on the Saturday or Sunday.
Experience the vast expanse of saltmarshes rich in wildlife, flora and fauna, the vast sandy beaches plus the fascinating Deep History Coast from Weybourne through to Mundesley. It was at West Runton beach where a full mammoth’s skeleton was found!
Not to mention the pretty Norfolk flint villages and seaside towns full of wonderful places to eat, drink and explore.
The Sandmartin is perfect for a weekend adventure, with good public transport links. There is a train station at Cromer and then a good bus service to the start at Wells-next-the-Sea and back to Cromer from Mundesley.
You will be walking between 9 and 12.5 miles per day
Guest feedback: "Just thought I would drop you a quick note to thank you both so much for our short break walking holiday and our 2 night stay in your beautiful organised tents. We all thoroughly enjoyed our short break on the Norfolk Coast – it is such a scenic part of the country that we had never visited previously. Your accommodation is absolutely fantastic and the home-made and local produce provided for breakfast was delicious. The tent was so well equipped – you have really thought of everything!!! As mentioned earlier, this was our first visit to Norfolk and the coastline there is such a beautiful part of the country – so I’m sure we will have to return to do a bit more exploring in the not to distant future!!!!"
You can choose to do this holiday over 2 or 3 nights:
- 2 nights - start in Wells-next-the-Sea walking 9 miles to your first nights campsite
- 3 nights - stay in Wells-next-the-Sea on your first night taking advantage of some time to explore this beautiful town and beach. You will then commence your walk the following morning
Or, why not add a night on to your holiday and stay at the lovely Jonas Farmhouse B&B or The Grove Hotel the night before your walking holiday, you can leave your car there for the duration of your holiday. The bus stops right outside both establishments to take you to Wells-next-the-Sea to start your walk.
Our Walking Holidays are based on 2 tents per week due to the amount of time needed to take down and set up your accommodation each day.
We can accommodate up to 6 people each week based on 2 or 3 people sharing a tent (see bespoke options below if you have a larger group).
*Please note - unfortunately we are unable to accept dogs on The Sandmartin
2019 Season - 29th April to 15th September
Please note - campsites will be busy during peak season
2 nights: £180 per person based on 2 or 3 people sharing a tent
3 nights: £240 per person based on 2 or 3 people sharing a tent
- 15% Single Supplement
- 25% extra over Bank Holidays, May Spring Bank Holiday week and throughout July and August
- Why not include a rest day (or 2) into your holiday? Just add £45 per person per night
We are happy to tailor a package for you:
- We may be able to be more flexible on start days during the quieter months of May, June and September. Please get in touch to discuss
- Or how about running the coast path?
- If you would like to cycle the coast we are happy to tailor a package for you but please note - you are not allowed to cycle on the actual coast path, there is a recommended cycle route along the Norfolk Coast
- If you would like to walk a specific section, we can arrange a bespoke holiday around your requirements
- For groups of up to 10 people, we are able to offer, up to 4 tents in one location for a minimum of 2 nights. Click on the Groups page for more information or contact us to discuss further
Need more information?
- Go to our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Want to bring your car? We have suggestions and options on our Frequently Asked Questions page under 'travel' and 'accommodation'
- Contact us, we'd love to hear from you
Start dates still available based on up to 2 people sharing one tent:
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd September
Each Walking Package Includes:
- Your fully equipped safari tent set up each day of your walking holiday
- Breakfast hamper full of local produce
- Bag transfer each day from the start to the finish of your chosen package
- Detailed information pack written by us providing you with maps, route information, places of interest, places to eat, things to do and much more
- Our contact details so we are on hand to offer support throughout your whole holiday duration
- A welcome and introduction from us personally at your first days campsite location
What’s not included:
- Lunches, evening meal, snacks, drinks
- Travel insurance
- Transport to/from your holiday location (or during if using public transport) or car parking costs. We will provide you with public transport and car parking options depending on which holiday package you choose.
- Accommodation before your first day or after your last day of walking. This is an optional extra which we can help you with if this is required.