Lapwing and Lapwing Plus
Walk the newest section of the Norfolk Coast Path starting in the busy fishing town of Cromer on a Thursday or Friday and finishing 38 miles later on the sandy beach at Hopton-on-sea on the Suffolk border.
This section takes you through a more remote and wild coastline with miles and miles of rolling sand dunes and golden beaches under the big skies of Norfolk. Look out for the oldest working lighthouse in East Anglia, in the village of Happisburgh and the seals from Horsey Gap to Winterton before the landscape changes into the hussle and bussle of the Great Yarmouth Golden Mile before ending your walk on the Suffolk border at Hopton-on-sea.
Lapwing - 3 days walking and 2 nights glamping, 12 - 15 miles per day
Lapwing Plus - 4 days walking and 3 nights glamping, 9 - 12 miles per day
Cost: Lapwing £180 per person / Lapwing Plus £240 per person
20% Single Supplement
- Add a rest day (or 2) for just an extra £75 (not per person)
- Dogs: £7.50 per dog per night (for more information click here
Itinery - based on The Lapwing
Day 1: Cromer to Happisburgh - approx 12 miles
Day 2: Happisburgh to California Sands - approx 14 miles
Day 3: California Sands to Hopton-on-Sea - approx 12 miles
Each Walking Package Includes:
- Your fully equipped safari tent moved and set up each day of your holiday (yes, we really do take your tent down and set it back up again each day!)
- Breakfast hamper full of local produce (we cater for all dietary requirements)
- Bag transfer each day from the start to the end of your holiday
- Detailed information pack written by us providing you with maps, route information, places of interest, places to eat, things to do and much more
- We will be on the end of the phone and ready to offer our support (if needed) throughout the duration of your holiday
- We will meet and greet you at your first days campsite location
What’s not included:
- Lunches, evening meal, snacks, drinks
- Travel insurance
- Transport to/from your holiday location (or during if using public transport) or car parking costs. We will provide you with public transport and car parking options depending on which holiday package you choose.
- Accommodation before your first day or after your last day of walking. This is an optional extra which we can help you with if this is required.
We are happy to tailor a package for you:
- We may be able to be more flexible on start days during the quieter months of May, June and September. Please get in touch to discuss
- If you would like to cycle the coast we are happy to tailor a package for you but please note - you are not allowed to cycle on the actual coast path but there is a recommended cycle route along the Norfolk Coast
- If you would like to walk or run a specific section, we can arrange a bespoke holiday around your requirements
- For groups of up to 10 people, we are able to offer, up to 4 tents in one location for a minimum of 2 nights. Click on the Groups page for more information or contact us to discuss further
Need more information?
- Go to our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Want to bring your car? We have suggestions and options on our Frequently Asked Questions page under 'travel' and 'accommodation'
- Contact us, if you would like more information. We love to hear from you
Our aim is to make your walking holiday as hassle free and enjoyable as possible
Walking for Charity?
Are you walking the full 84 miles of the National Trail to raise funds for a charity? If so, we will donate 5% of the cost of your Avocet Walking Holiday to your chosen charity.
*We just need proof of your charity fundraising challenge plus your fundraising page details. Please mention this when you complete your enquiry form.
This can not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
We have just finished the Lapwing holiday, walking from Cromer to Hopton-on-Sea with our dog and loved every minute. From the moment I contacted MarGins to the moment we completed the walk the whole experience was brilliant and we felt totally looked after. On the first day, after walking for 12 miles in the rain (love the typical British summer!!) arriving at the first campsite to see our tent all set up and Gin waiting for us was so welcoming. The hamper full of local goodies for us and the dog treats for our pooch such a lovely touch. To be able to have a tasty breakfast then carry on walking while the “tent elves” did their thing made the whole experience hassle free. We cannot recommend MarGins enough. Thank you for such a memorable few days xx
What a wonderful adventure – made so special by your attention to detail Gin. We loved coming back exhausted to our cosy tent at the end of each day. You have made them so beautiful and put so much love and care into every last detail that we couldn’t help but enjoy it despite the slight downturn in weather and England losing the football!! Our Evening Platter tonight was absolutely delicious – thank you.
What an amazing hassle-free way to have the camping experience and Maggie loved her bed and all her treats too.
We are so grateful to you. Many many thanks and love x
We booked Margins as a one-off luxury for a special celebration and now we want to save up for it every year! The safari tents are second to none, kitted out with everything you could think of needing whilst you’re camping (cheese grater, clothes pegs, even a pack of cards). We hired two of them and also their huge robust and beautifully decked gazebo for a party. Gin was super helpful throughout the planning process and put me in touch with wonderful Burns Valley Catering who did a BBQ for us. Thank you Margins!
“We stayed with MarGins Walking and Glamping Holidays and had a stress-free time as Nellie was provided for throughout. When we arrived, everything was set up including a dog bed, dog towel, eco-friendly poo bags, bowls and treats. We couldn’t have asked for more from MarGins, they even provided us humans with hot water bottles……. thank you MarGins, we look forward to seeing you again” Helen
What a fantastic surprise when we arrived at Deepdale Camping, with the scorched grass and the beautiful tent with the attention to detail, flowers in vase, local produce, bunting and fairly lights, Wow! I felt like I was in ‘Out of Africa’ I was waiting for someone to wash my hair! I felt utterly pampered thanks to Gin and Mark. We had a fantastic time glamping with Gin and Marks hospitality, Thank you for everything x
Just completed a fantastic week with MarGins Glamping Holidays. I did the 47 mile Curlew package from Huntstanton to Cromer with my dog and I have to say that Gin and Mark looked after us so well, all I needed to do was walk. The support that I was given, the fantastic food, comfortable bed and wonderful Oztent (that was fully tested by the English summer weather by the way!), made our walk such an amazing and memorable experience. I cannot recommend MarGins highly enough...Thanks for such a great and memorable experience guys. Will
“Best holiday for dogs and family walking .....
The Norfolk Coast isn't just dog friendly; it is dog Nirvana. We have completed many walks and trails around the UK and this holiday was one of the easiest and most fun for us and the dogs.
The coastal path allows lead free walking (though they must be under control around the birds) along miles of open beach, marshland and pine forest. The scenery was spectacular, the pubs welcoming with dog treats seeming on tap and Ginny couldn't have been more helpful with advice on how to get the best from our walk.
If you like to walk and holiday with your dog I cannot recommend MarGins too highly”
“ I have walked in many places in the UK but Norfolk's scenery and Margins service means we are already planning to walk with the whole family again in summer.
Best walk experience, thank you for your care, expertise and enthusiasm Ginny”
“Great hamper of local produce to welcome me when I arrived, and everything set up for me to enjoy, in very spacious tent accommodation. Facilities on the campsite were good”
Great holiday walking for dogs and people
We did a three day walk with MarGins who couldn’t have been more helpful and considerate of our needs and those of our dogs. Their suggestions and support made sure we could relax and enjoy the incredible scenery while our dogs roamed safely enjoying the space and freedom. It was one of the best walking holidays we have ever had. We particularly liked the dog friendly pubs and accommodation – MarGins thought of everything. Big thanks to Ginny from all the Hensleys, we can’t wait to come back.
“Ginny arranged a fantastic coastal walking tour for us from Hunstanton to Cromer. We loved every minute of the walk and I cannot recommend this glorious coastline, which is hauntingly beautiful in all shifting light of the day, too much. One of the best walks I have ever done. Thank you, Ginny,!”
We loved every minute of the walk and I cannot recommend this glorious coastline, which is hauntingly beautiful in all the shifting light of the day, too much. One of the best walks I have ever done. Thank you Ginny!
Just thought I would drop you a quick note to thank you both so much for our short break walking holiday and our 2 night stay in your beautiful organised tents.
We all thoroughly enjoyed our short break on the Norfolk Coast – it is such a scenic part of the country that we had never visited previously.
Your accommodation is absolutely fantastic and the home-made and local produce provided for breakfast was delicious.
The tent was so well equipped – you have really thought of everything!!!
As mentioned earlier, this was our first visit to Norfolk and the coastline there is such a beautiful part of the country – so I’m sure we will have to return to do a bit more exploring in the not to distant future!!!!
Many thanks and best wishes to you both x